Wednesday, July 7, 2010

More Awesomeness from TeeFury

One of my last posts over at the “old” ~synonymous blue LiveJournal blog showcased the nine awesome tees I’d received via three separate TeeFury.com grab-bags ($17 shipped gets you three random tees, chosen from what was on sale the previous month). Why would I pay good money for mystery shirts that I don’t even know if I’ll like? For the thrill, my friends! Also, most of their tees are, at the very least, interesting and well-designed, so my indulgence in these little bundles of 100% cotton joy is rarely a waste.

Last month, TeeFury posted up another grab-bag for May 2010, and I (of course) pounced on it. Here’s what I received:

JUNE 2010 GRAB BAG

TeeFury Shirt - Galactic Sideshow

Galactic Sideshow ~ Thomas G. Sullivan | This one was the best of the three. It has a great geek/Trekkie reference, it’s hilarious, and it has good colors. FTW.

TeeFury - Abaeterno

Abaeterno ~ m. Brady Clark | Apparently this is a LOST shirt, but I guess I haven’t gotten to whatever point in the show it’s referencing, because I don’t quite get it (I’ve only watched season one… taking a break to watch other stuff, now). However, even if it did make sense, I don’t particularly care for this shirt for two reasons: 1) the design is somewhat *ahem* phallic in nature; 2) it’s a white tee. Blegh.

 TeeFury - Lost Collage

Lost Collage ~ jimiyo | Another LOST homage, and one that I also do not completely understand. I see a few familiar elements from the show, but I guess all will be revealed as I progress through the other seasons. At first blush, the shirt appears to be ancient Egyptian in nature, which is pretty cool. Also, it’s black, and that’s a plus.

So, one, possibly two good tees out of three is not too bad at all. The second shirt would probably just be something to throw on around the house, mostly because it’s white. White ≠ win.

OH! This tee was not part of the June grab-bag, but I have to post it because it’s from TeeFury and it’s awesome (and you know it’s awesome because I paid $11 shipped for it on its sale day):

TeeFury - Pandora BlueSkins

Pandora BlueSkins ~ WinterArtwork | Sorry, but I liked the movie Avatar, and don’t care what the haters say. Not really a Washington Redskins fan (the design is a spoof of their logo), but that doesn’t really matter. This really appeals to the geek in me, and I had to have it.

Want one of these tees? Too late. If you don’t grab a TeeFury tee you like on the sale date, or unless you’re lucky enough to get it in the next month’s grab-bag, the only way to acquire a previous tee is if someone is selling/trading theirs. Sorry. ;]

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that seems like a pretty cool site! Never heard of it until now. I may have to check it out.

    As for the strawberry bread, I just meant to sprinkle the chopped strawberries with a couple tablespoons of flour, so they will float in the batter, instead of sinking.

    ReplyDelete

say your words here...