Saturday, May 8, 2010

Last Day of Vacation

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

I’ve been on “vacation” for the past week, which (for me) entails doing the same things I do when I’m not at work during a normal week: lazing about at home playing Xbox360 and messing around on my PC. Yes, I have no life. At some point during the week I tried to tidy up the room a bit… met a friend for breakfast Wednesday morning… spent most of today helping my pops clean out his garage (lots of tossing things in the garr-BAHGE ensued). Subsequently, I spent an inordinate amount of time outside, which is not really a good thing at this time of year because of the overwhelming swarms of plague-bearing vampire swamp parasites pesky mosquitoes.

And tonight I am going to “end my vacation with a bang” (as a friend put it) by going to a 10pm viewing of Iron Man 2. wOoT.

iron-man-2-poster-teaser[1] 
(currently gracing the front of my LG Voyager, booyeah)

I have to say that, as much as I’ve been looking forward to this film, I’ll be glad when it’s had its run in the theaters because I’m really sick of my feeds being cluttered with Iron Man 2 snippets, interviews, exclusive photos, and clips. Of course, any room that’s made by the absence of Don Cheadle junkets will be filled by Avengers hype. *sigh*
I believe that Robert Fure of Film School Rejects had a similar complaint in his weekly entertainment-related rant (and one of my favorite columns from FSR): Boiling Point.

I may or may not post a review of Iron Man 2 later on. I am generally pretty lousy at writing movie reviews, as much as I enjoy watching movies, because I’m not very objective. I can find a reason to like (and justify the purchase of) just about any flick. Hence, the inordinate (so I used the word inordinate twice… okay, three times now. So what?) number of Blu-Rays cluttering my desk and bookcase shelves. What can I say? I have a problem.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm..the problem continues...Your great grandmother had costume jewelry cluttering her dresser and in little garage organizer towers (for screws and bolts and other things...)
    Your grandmother loved to get shoes...LOTS of shoes.,..Your mother has changed collections numerous times in your lifetime...Yeah you come by it honestly....Course I collected just about every movie (clean, and especially the vintage old movies) on video for you kids when you were little, and justified it by staying out of the theaters.... :-) remember how long I looked for the Phantom Tollbooth???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least now I have an excuse. "My problems are genetically inherited! It's all biological!" Ha. Too bad we didn't have the internet back then. You could have found that title online in a snap.

    ReplyDelete

say your words here...